Lalvin Go-Ferm Protect
Recommend to use in all challenging Fermentation conditions such as high baume must (high potential alcohols), Botrytised harvests, highly clarified must, high polyphenolic must.
Lallemand has an on-going commitment to not only produce new products, but to continually undertake R&D to improve their products. GoFerm Protect is an example of this commitment. GoFerm Protect commercially released in 2006, is a yeast rehydration product, that is made by the patented process NATSTEP. This process, totally different to that of Goferm, was developed by Lallemand in collaboration with INRA (Institut National de Recherche en Agronomie in France). GoFerm Protect has a significantly higher sterol content than Goferm.
Recommended dosage: 30g/hL based on final wine volume. Add directly to the yeast rehydration water, mix, then add the yeast for rehydration.
- Recommended for use in all challenging fermentation conditions.
- When used during yeast rehydration, GoFerm Protect will:
- Improve yeast survival especially in difficult fermentation conditions.
- Strengthens the yeast membrane making it stronger and more resistant to the stresses of fermentation due to incorporation of a high level of sterols and polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- Optimise the uptake and assimilation of micro protectors and micronutrients during rehydration. Reduces the development of sulfides and volatile acidity.